Aug 1, 2011

Jaejoong– “Surrounded By Angels” and “I am Happy”


“I’m happy!”
Group JYJ’s Kim Jaejoong be initiated into the drama scene with the new SBS Wed-Thursday drama Protect the Boss. In this drama which will air as the follow-up to City Hunter starting on the 3rd, he took on the role of the Prince of Finance, Cha Muwon, Section Leader. He acted in the drama Sunao Ni Narenakute that was aired in Japans’ Fuji TV last year, but this is his first time to appear in a domestic drama. He was bright but at the same time looked earnest/serious.
Ji Sung hyung, Choi Kanghee noona, Park Youngkyu sunbae…. Surrounding me, altogether angels.
This is Kim Jaejoong who has shown off charisma on the stage after debuting as group TVXQ in 2004, but acting is still unfamiliar. Jaejoong smiled widely: “From Park Youngkyu sunbae nim to Ji Sung hung, Choi Kanghee noona, Filming/Lighting director, and FD, I only have angels around me. I find it memorable the effort to breathe together (T/N: “cooperate”) in the drama and the atmosphere on set is too great– I am
satisfied.”
He laughed, saying that Choi Kanghee, often counted (among the top in terms of) an actress who is of the fourth-dimension (T/N: quirky), affectionately reached out to him, saying: “I heard from the music video director that Mr. Jaejoong is very unique, are you of the fourth-dimension?” In a radio program for which Choi Kanghee emcees, JYJ’s member Park Yoochun who has appeared in the recently-concluded Miss Ripley of MBC has also left a text, saying: “Since the filming is over, I will go (over) with chickens.” Choi Kanghee, at each time of filming, meticulously takes care of Kim Jaejoong. She also relays to him the atmosphere of the filming with text messages on days on which there is no filming.
He said that the more he acts, the more he is attracted to acting, and poured out: “In challenging myself at a new thing, new projects have formed, and the environment has also changed, and so it is hard but it is fun. During the TVXQ days, we so ran and just ran so that I feel that I felt that it was harder actually back then than now.” If one were to say that he has shown an extravagance/glamour on stage, as an actor Kim Jaejoong plans to subtract a lot of that to show himself as a human being. “I am not cool or have (great) ambitions but I do resemble him in that I have an ability to befriend.”
Although nowadays it is in to be muscular, he is restraining his workouts. “Because he is a calm and a relaxed character, I must portray even small movements with sensitivity. If the muscles were to protruding I felt that it will not fit, and so I am not doing weight-training.”
Idol Groups Nowadays Are “Amazing.”
To Kim Jaejoong who had brought about the “idol boom,” what would the idol groups of nowadays look like. “They are all pretty and cool and they also sing so well,” Kim Jaejoong said, and laughed: “Although it is possible that JYJ would fall behind in terms of physical endurance, I think that at singing at least we are still good (T/N: better).” The hair salon that he goes to is also used by B2ST, A-Pink, Boyfriend, and such idol groups. “Perhaps because they were 7 to 8 years younger and so there is a large age gap, I feel cautious. When the hubae groups give me a greeting with a 90-degrees bow, I also politely greet them with a 90-degrees bow.” He also joked around: “Nowadays I am confusing the idol group names and members. When I debuted as TVXQ the adults said ‘I do not know who is who,’ and I do not feel that such is a stranger’s concern.” Further, he said that he was shocked at the challengers on audition programs that are over-pouring these days and showed appreciation/wonderment: “I think that if I had gone on one I would be cut in 10 seconds. There are so many cameras yet they did not tremble but instead showed off their talents to their hearts’ content.”
Happy Because of Having a New Challenge and JYJ Members
JYJ was chosen as an honorary ambassador for Jeju Island’s selection as one of the New Seven Wonders and so was planning to appear in the “KBS Special 7 New Wonders Wishes Live” broadcast, but suffered the pain of being notified unilaterally from KBS of the decision to cancel. He was serene: “Jeju Island is such a beautiful place and a pride of our nation, and so even aside from my role as an honorary ambassador I want to continue promoting it even if I am alone.” He has endured small and big pains as TVXQ broke up, but he is overcoming them because he has members with whom he is bonded to like brothers. Even though he is in his 8th year of debut, he was modest, saying that he is only at 5am in a 24-hour day. The reason was this– “I know many things but it is a new beginning and I have hope.” He said that due to this he is happy.
As befitting of a Korean Wave star, there are of course continual visiting by the fans on the drama set. Also on his twitter, fans from all over the world—Japan, Thailand, China, and such Asian region, and England, France, and Spain among others – rain forth tweets. He revealed his wish: “I wish that the drama ends without incident and that there will be good things to JYJ and Jaejong.”
Translation Credit: JYJ3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Infolinks In Text Ads

Total Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.

Dont Forget To Follow Us

Blog Archive